What to Expect
*PLEASE NOTE THE MSU DAIRY STORE DOES NOT ACCEPT CASH AS OF SEPTEMBER 2022*
- The Dairy Store does not offer in-store seating, however there are chairs, benches, and picnic tables made from fallen campus trees on our back patio area. The front area outside was recently renovated with new chairs, tables and benches.
- The Dairy Store does NOT accept cash or checks, but do take all major credit cards, Apple/Google pay, and Spartan Cash.
- The Dairy Store is open Tuesday-Sunday from 12-9pm. We are closed on Mondays.
- With few exceptions, Dairy Store ice cream is made in the MSU Dairy Plant, adjacent to the store. The Dairy Plant offers an observation deck where anyone can observe ice cream production and a drop-down video screen, explaining some information about ice cream production. No guided tours are offered.
- Our flavors change based on demand and ingredient availability. No schedule of future flavors is posted.
- The Dairy Store offers several fresh, hot food items such as grilled cheese, mac & cheese, and soups, along with a wide variety snacks, sweets, and treats made by Michigan based companies that work directly with Michigan State University.
- The Dairy Plant does not currently have the ability to make new cheeses.